Friday, December 10, 2010

Peter Kuper's cartoon of Metamorphosis

I saw that the other class with the BAC traditionnel are reading The Metamorphosis as a graphic version, by Peter Kuper. I looked it up and found his website, and at the beginning there's also a video with the beginning of the novel. I borrowed the book and found his adaptation really original; he really manages to keep the same vibe as the real novel throughout the book, but still makes it a darker version at the same time (maybe just because we're able to see the elements visually). I hope you guys enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I think the representation of Gregor is interesting. He is portrayed as a scrony looking guy with glasses and so we cant really see his eyes, plus the way his room is represented is also interesting. I imagined it a bit little bigger though. I also liked the idea of the hourglass to represent the debt and his freedom. The entire graphic version of this book is interesting but it also limits our imagination. We can all imagine different portraits of Gregor and his family as well as the apartment.

    ReplyDelete